Friday, March 14, 2008

Donkey Kong

For those of you too young to remember, Donkey Kong is a classic arcade game that was released by Nintendo in 1981. The game is an early example of the platform genre as the game play focuses on manoeuvring the main character across a series of platforms while dodging obstacles. The storyline is thin but well-developed for its time. In it, Mario (originally called Jumpman) must rescue a damsel in distress, Pauline, from a giant ape named Donkey Kong. The hero and ape went on to become two of Nintendo's more popular characters.

For the next little while you will be able to play Donkey Kong on my blog. Just click on the game and then use your arrow keys to move and space bar to jump. I can still remember playing Donkey Kong when I was 7. My older cousins had a hand held version of the game. It was awesome when I was 7 and it's still kicking it now that I am 27. Enjoy.

No comments: