Thursday, April 15, 2010

Post Lent Post

In 2009 I discovered Lent and in 2010 participated in Lent for the first time ever. I look forward to 2011 as I found the experience spiritually profound and meaningful.

I gave up all drink other than water for the 40 days. No juice, milkshakes, fizzy, wine, coffee etc.

I was constantly reminded of how much I have and how little others and was challenged to continually look to be salt, light and a lifting hand.

I was reminded of Jesus and his strength, determination and passion. First seen in his 40 days of fasting and temptation in the wilderness and finally seen at Easter.

I listened to the 5 week Lenten series on the book of Jonah that Rob Bell and Shane Hipps preached at Mars Hill.

I was challenged that God is not always wanting to rescue us from the storms and the fish but rather to rescues us from ourselves in the storms and the fish.

I was impacted by the reality that God is everywhere. Constantly and always at work by the power of the Spirit outworking his plans of redemption here on earth. God is there in the darkness though we may not at first perceive it, outworking his plans and purposes.

That which I thought I couldn't do without,
I soon discovered I could do without.
That which I craved to have back,
I soon discovered I didn't need back.
That which I thought added colour,
I soon discovered was only enjoyed because colour was already there.


I trust that if you observed Lent this year you found in some way a freshness in your walk with God.

No comments: